Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Daniela Update

Saludos a mi familia y amigos!


Just moments ago, Chris and I received word that our meeting date of June 28 had been approved!! That means that I can now go ahead and book our flights, apply for our visas and make some definite plans. What's really exciting is that now Chris and I can call Daniela and tell her that in just under two weeks we will see her! We are so excited, and we know she will be also.


I still don't know exactly how everything is going to happen, but it appears as though the 4 of us will travel to Colombia on Fri, Jun 25 (that won't be confirmed until I actually purchase the airfare, of course). We will have our meeting with the child welfare agency the following Monday, Jun 28, at which time we will receive custody of Daniela. She will remain with us the entire time we are in Colombia. Chris, Andee and Mitchell will likely be coming back on July 9, but I will be staying in country with Daniela to finish up the paperwork. We don't know how long that will be--could just be another week, could be another 3 weeks.


I will not have my cell phone during that time (gasp!), but will remain available via email (claro, of course!).


If you have been praying for us, we THANK YOU so so much. Please continue to pray. God has definitely had His hand on Daniela, and it has been a wondrous thing to see Him at work through this entire process. (Some of my friends would probably be HAPPY to share how arduous their adoptions were compared to this one!!) We are going to be so blessed to have Daniela as part of our family. We know you will love her too.
blessings,
mc

0 comments: